Recent Posts

Friday, May 21, 2010

I'm free! Free falling!

(Into sleep, that is. Because what else would I be doing?)

Holy giraffe. Today is a wonderful day.

Do you know why, dear reader, that today is a wonderful day?

Because today, school officially ended. I am no longer a sophomore. I am halfway through with high school. I do not have to deal with homework for two and a half months. I am free to sleep and read and write whenever I want. I have time to go on trips and hang out with friends and eat food whenever I feel like it. I do not have to listen to boring lessons and instead have all day to completely zone out to my iPod.

Today was the last say of school. Today is the first day of Summer.

THANK GOD. IF I HAD SCHOOL ANY LONGER I WOULD HAVE POKED MYSELF IN THE EYEBALL.

I wanted to be elegant and sophisticated with my realization that Summer has arrived, but Sam beat me to it. Go check out her post and you have something deep. Here, however, you will witness my teenager-ness:

Dearest School Year,

I am writing this letter in hopes of explaining how much I dislike you. I don't mean to be rude, but STICK IT IN YOUR JUICE BOX AND SUCK IT. YOU WERE A HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE BOYFRIEND, SCHOOL YEAR.

You did not encourage me, you did not comfort me. You were there when I was failing History, but did you try to hug me and tell me everything was going to be okay? No. Did you give me a reason to love you? No. And yet I put up with you and put up with you until I almost had a meltdown. You may think that you're the one to call us off, School, but I assure you it was quite the opposite. Maybe if you grow sensible again, I'll reconsider you as a boyfriend. But until then, I will be with Summer. He takes care of me: he let's me sleep in and be lazy and he still loves me. We don't have to worry about silly things like I have to with you, School Year. We understand each other, Summer and me. You just make me stressed.

I hope you understand why I feel this way. I did not come to the conclusion until about halfway into our relationship, when being with you became work, so you should know that I thought hard about this.

I hope you die (in the most painful way),
Maggie- your now ex-girlfriend


Hmm. I think it came out quite classy, don't you?


This is my new boyfriend Summer. ^^^ He likes to bring me flowers.

(Picture taken from Holly Schindler's blog. She's a fellow Missourian.)

5 comments:

gina said...

haha, this made me laugh :)
and you are sooo lucky school is over for you; i still have four more weeks!

Sam said...

Maggie, I am so not deep.
I am now horrified by how much funnier than I am you are.
-nods sadly-
GAH.

Maggie said...

Gina: You have a month still? I feel bad for you; school is horrid. If it makes you feel better, I have to take summer school. Cue me dying.

Sam: You're insane. I am in no way funnier and you are deep. Do not lie, friend. :)

Aspen said...

Very classy Maggie! =D

You should read "Wintersmith" by Terry Pratchett... there, the MC ACTUALLY has a relationship with Winter, who thinks she's Summer.

Go read naow! ^^

Maggie said...

Aspen, that actually sounds like a good book... :D I'll be sure to look for it! And yeah, I know, I'm very mature for my age, aren't I?