Recent Posts

Monday, May 24, 2010

Ooh lookie- Updates!

Books are a black hole, sucking up all my time and energy, as well as my will to leave the house. Just sayin'. And because my brain is still recovering from a vampire haze via Spirit Bound, I have nothing of substance to blog about.

No substance = Updates

Stories:
•• Captivate -- Ahem, nope.
•• Zombie Grr -- Uhh, nada.
•• Sing To Me -- A little bit. Sam and I were on a break for school, but now that it's out we're starting up again. Hopefully the same can be said for the other two though. I'm such a horrible person. *dies*

Books I Have Bought:
•• Spells -- Aprilynne Pike
•• Burned -- P.C. + Kristin Cast
•• The Body Finder -- Kimberly Derting
•• After The Kiss -- Terra Elan McVoy
•• Claire de Lune -- Christine Johnson

Has anyone read any of these yet? Are they good? I'm anxious to start them.
(Especially Spells. I'm low on faery.)

Songs That You Should Listen To:
•• Papercut -- Apollo Drive
•• Saviour -- Lights
•• Giving Up The Gun -- Vampire Weekend
•• Symphonies -- Dan Black
•• The Perfect Mistake -- Cartel
•• Secrets -- OneRepublic

Those are the only ones I can think of right now. But here's "If It's Love" by Train. It's currently one of my favorites and it's particularly upbeat and I like upbeat things. Like puppies and cute boys. Although cute boys can be all depressed and sadness, but they make me upbeat anyways. Example:


See? Doesn't he make you wanna smile? Or kiss him until he turns upbeat? Either's fine, really. Actually I'd prefer option two but anyways, THE SONG. Right. Sorry about that.

4 comments:

Aspen said...

Spells is awesome! =)

Kelley Vitollo said...

The Body Finder is really good.

Lisa and Laura said...

Oh, you HAVE to read THE BODY FINDER. You are going to LOVE it. One of my favorite books that I've read this year.

And I also just finished DECEPTION by Lee Nichols. Holy crap. One of the best ghost stories I've ever read! We're giving it away on the blog next week. You must stop by!

Have a fabulous weekend!

Maggie said...

Aspen: I just finished it! Very good. Oh, Tamani... I love him. David is nice, but I love me some warrior boy. :P

Kelley: Yay, I'll be reading it next :)

Lisa and Laura: HOLY MOLY DID YOU KNOW YOU'RE AUTHORS? AND YOU COMMENTED ON MY BUMPKIN BLOG? *dies*

I'll be reading The Body Finder next; I'm so excited for it now! And gah, I love ghost stories... I definitely need to find Deception. Well, if I don't win it at least :P I'll be sure to stalk-AHEM-check it out.