Recent Posts

Friday, July 23, 2010

A good cause (that is also a contest!)

Not my contest, of course. I am merely a lowly teenager with no money because I really hate working.

However, I do have someone else's.

Because, although I am broke and lazy, I do care about things.

So The Misadventures in Candyland is hosting a killer contest to raise money and awareness for the non-profit Joy 2 the World, which generates micro-credit loans for the women of Ghana to encourage independence and empowerment.



Joy 2 the World is an amazing organization who help build wells for clean water (as opposed to river water), create pre-k schools with hot meals, give loans to women for small business start-up and award scholarships to those attending school.

The contest has some pretty amazing prizes up for grabs for writers and everyone else, and all the entries are helping support the organization. Operation "I Heart Joy Like BR80" is something pretty snazzy to look into, so I suggest you get to doing that.

Go ahead, click the link. You know you want to.

6 comments:

Sam said...

I want the shirt. And I like this. I really like it. it's a great cause with great causes. WIN.

Maggie said...

I know, it's great :) I bought a shirt. If you like it enough, I'd say get one. It's for a good cause and then you can be all 'Why yes, I do support Joy 2 The World. Aren't you jealous? Would you like to help? Because you can get one of these snazzy shirts too.'

Sam said...

My mom's wary of paying stuff online. I'm still trying to convince her. :/

Candyland said...

Buy a shirt Sam!!! Be the change!

Sam said...

She just bought one! :P

Candyland said...

Haha! Sweet!