Recent Posts

Friday, December 3, 2010

Interview: author Stephanie Perkins!

Surprise! INTERVIEW WITH STEPHANIE PERKINS! *hyperventilates*

You have no clue how excited about this interview I've been. I originally wanted to interview Ms. Perkins because, jeez, why wouldn't I? She's such a fun person to read about and obsess over. And she has blue hair, which, obviously, seals the deal. After I read Anna and the French Kiss (her book, silly goose), though, I was and am absolutely smitten. Yeah, I went there.

Oh, Stephanie, how I love thee...

-----

Describe yourself in 140 characters or less, please!

Blue-haired sloth interested in books, food, and film. And kissing.


I've just finished reading Anna, and I can't even begin to explain how in love I am with it--the characters in particular. They're absolutely incredible. Did you base them off of anyone you know?

Thank you. I'm so, so happy that you like the characters! (I like them, too.) They're based on everyone and no one. I tend to pull bits and pieces of myself, friends, strangers, and celebrities to flesh them out, but never just one person for one character. Inspiration is everywhere.


One of the things I love is that you aren't embarrassed to admit that you are fond of HBM (Hot British Men). I share these feelings quite strongly. If you had to choose one HBM to be your personal assistant (since you're married and all), who would it be?


What do you mean I can only choose one? DOES NOT COMPUTE.


What would sixteen-year-old Stephanie think if she saw you now?

She would be proud of my rainbow-painted house, my loving husband, and my career. But she might be confused about the hair.


Quick! What's the first thing that comes to mind when I say (you read) these words?

-√Čtienne = YUMMY
-love = what I live for
-Paris = so beautiful it hurts
-Anna = friend

Thank you so much for having me, Maggie! I hope you have a wonderful holiday season filled with lots of cookies and good books!

-----

Thank you, Stephanie, for being so amazing!

Buy Anna HERE, and read my review here. We can all fall in love with the book and Stephanie and be super duper happy during the holidays this year! While swooning! :D

4 comments:

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

Um...how did you keep this secret from me? You are a mean library teen!!

Awesome interview and so awesome you got to interview Stephanie-she rocks!

Abby Minard said...

Awesome interview!! Can't wait to read the book- I've heard SO many good things about this. Love the hair too- I've always wanted to do pink (like sarah's ;p)

Sam said...

ACK MAGGIE. -bounces- -claps- -goes to reread Anna-

Maggie said...

Sarah: Didn't I tell you? Oh jeez, I'm sorry! I would have figured Sam would have told you by now, haha. Anyways, I agree, Stephanie is made of awesomesauce. :D

Abby: You need to read it soonsoonsoon! I love it so much. <3 And I wanted purple in mine, but at the time The Parents wouldn't allow it. Sadness. However, Sarah's is amazing.

Sam: ME TOO.