Recent Posts

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Updates

So, erm, I’m still a little behind on things. Give me another two days; Friday reviews will start popping up. I’m so sorry to anyone who I had promised a review, and it’s yet to be up. I swear things will be rolling soon.

Until then, I figured I’d make an update post, because update posts are easy and…

I’ve started a new story!

Please don’t groan. It makes me sad. It’s about cool stuff. Albeit, slightly strange. But who am I kidding? I think it's an awesome idea. Also, by far my most original, which is a-okay with me. I haven’t named it yet (Sam says I should name it Meow Meow), but I’m about three chapters in. That oh-so beautiful picture you see? That’s what inspired it.

The general idea is that when you turn 17, the official age of adulthood, you’re put through Trials; tests to determine what animal Sanctum you belong to. (Yes, I did just say animal Sanctum.) These Sanctums are important to how you live, think, act, are. And they're all against each other.

It was never meant to actually become a project, but it most definitely is now. My other stories have hit standstills (again) and so I was just playing around. I’m really excited about it though, and can’t wait until I get farther into it. Now I just need to think of a plot…

Also:
I'm working on a short story for a writing camp that I might try to get into. It's about alien-evil-creatures. Slightly less awesome. But still. I'm better at short stories than I am anything else, since I have close-to-no attention span. We'll see how that one works out.

What about you guys? How have you been doing with your projects? And if you don’t have a project, how is reading coming along? Anything good lately?

4 comments:

Colene Murphy said...

Wow! That sounds like it will be really interesting!! Hope you'll keep us posted on how it's going!

Molly Louise said...

I have been a slightly epic fail on my projects lately. Homework (three science courses) takes up a chunk of my time.

Broken Angel said...

Hahaha, you're awesome! I have no projects...I can't seem to start a story. What writing camp are you trying to enter, if you don't mind me asking? (If you do mind, then ignore me. I'm used to it)

Maggie said...

Colene: Thank you! I'll definitely keep everyone posted; I'm having great fun writing it. :)

Molly: I know what you mean. I'm taking two science classes right now. I hadn't really written anything for a few months until this. Hope you find time!

Angel: Thanks! Aw, a story will come sometime, don't worry. And honestly, I'm not sure what it's called. You should stop by Sam's (I linked to her in the post) and ask her. She's the one that told me about it.