Recent Posts

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Sign the Bully petition?

Everyone knows that I find school horrid. And if you want me to be honest--because I find honesty is always the best policy--I'm a bit of a pessimist. I find people to be cruel and I have a hard time comprehending how anyone thinks bullying is an okay thing to do or accept. Which brings me to this very upsetting news.

To sum up that link, the documentary Bully is being rated R, keeping it from being shown to the ones who need to watch it most: Teenagers. The younger teens specifically, who aren't yet old enough to see the film. There's a petition going on to try to get the rating lowered, and while I doubt this will do much, it never hurts and it gets the word out about the documentary. Bullying is one thing that I literally have no tolerance for, especially when it's to the point of harmful physical contact. Watching this trailer made me tear up a bit:




You can sign the petition here, and I hope you'll help spread the word. I know how hurtful kids can be and no one should have to endure that kind of abuse.

0 comments: