Recent Posts

Thursday, May 2, 2013

author-y college break

If you've seen any of my social media lately, you'll have noticed that finals are coming up in a couple of weeks. Everyone always makes a big fuss about them, but I think it's actually the two or so weeks before that are the most stressful. Last exams, quizzes, and projects are all handed out at the same time, which, if you ask me, is kind of ridiculous.
 
Side effects of the end of a school year include, but are not limited to: hissy fits, meltdowns, rants, television marathons brought on by avoidance, head-to-pillow contact, and an over consumption of ice cream. Also, twitter.

In one of my many maneuvers of avoidance, me and my mother (accompanied by Samantha and her mother) are trekking up to Kansas City to attend the RT Convention this weekend. It's this really cool convention where a bunch of authors--Stephanie Perkins! Myra McEntire! Tessa Gratton! and so many others!!--are going to be doing a bunch of stuff (including speed dating)(kind of) and it's just going to be a rad time all around, y'all.

I just used "rad" and "y'all" in the same sentence. I don't even know who I am anymore.

Anyways, there's the full convention and then Teen Day, which is what we'll be going to. It's last minute, but you guys should check it out! The website says they'll be selling tickets at the door, so if you're feeling like a road trip to Missouri, I'd definitely come up and attend.

2 comments:

wallpaper said...

nice blog :) http://wallpaper002.blogspot.com/

thue xe 29 cho tai Ha Noi said...

Hoàng Quân là đơn vị hàng đầu cho thue xe 16 chocho thue xe 7 cho uy tín nhat Ha Noi.